Solar Energy is energy that comes from the sun. The sun’s energy is a renewable resource that is always available, unlike non-renewable resources such as fossil fuels. All the solar energy components such as roof systems, solar panels, and inverters use energy that comes from the sun to give power and energy to homes. Solar energy is a very efficient and the most reliable when talking about a renewable energy source. It is used as a power source that keeps your home running with electricity, hot water, and heat. Solar energy can be quite expensive, but the cost of buying and installing eventually will be made back by saving money that you would usually paying to your utility services.
4 Types of Solar Energy Components
- The Roof System – relies on sunlight that comes early morning through mid-day. These objects are facing south to gather more sunlight.
- Solar Panels – panels made of silicon that convert sunlight coming from the sun into electricity instead of heat.
- Inverter – put in an easily accessible location, such as a sidewall; they might make a light noise and should be put into consideration. This component is also known as the electricity production meter.
- Net Meter – this reduces demand for power when the solar component is creating electricity. This lowers the utility bill heavily.
Benefits of Solar Energy
- Save thousands of dollars that would have went to utility services.
- Having solar energy increases your home value.
- You are guaranteed performance.
- You will have power, even when houses around you don’t.
- Good for the environment.
Disadvantages of Solar Energy
- Expensive to install.
- Takes up a lot of space.
- Materials are very hard to find.