Choose the Cheapest Energy Company in Houston
Planning to switch to another energy provider that offers the cheapest rates? You and millions of Americans face the same dilemma: How to find the best electricity company with the best plans for you?
Since the deregulation of electricity in 2002, Houston businesses and residents have been empowered to choose the best electricity plans for them. To get that, one must exercise diligence in finding the one. However, for most, it can be tiring and time-consuming to compare rates from several energy companies. Some find it very confusing to deal with terms and conditions, electric plan, and the process of switching electricity service providers.
Electricityforme understands that you need not go through this ordeal. Free yourself further from all that burden and confusion today. With Electricityforme, it is easy to find and sign up with the cheapest energy company in Houston. Remember, you have the power to choose.
How to Shop for the Cheapest Electricity Plan in Houston
Houston is one of the states that practices deregulation of electricity. This gives Houston residents the power to sign up with the electricity provider of their choice. However, the search for the energy company that offers the cheapest rates could sometimes be overwhelming. With the sheer number of electricity companies that you can find all over Houston, Texas, zeroing in on one is not an easy task.
If you are not sure how to start your search, do not worry! Here is a short and simple guide to help you.
Key Points to Consider When Choosing the Cheapest Electricity Company
A lot of electricity companies offer plans that look similar. It is important that you understand each plan to make a fair comparison and be able to choose the plan that meets your lifestyle and budget. To choose the cheapest electric company, consider looking into their rates and take note of the following:
Length of the Contract
Contract Term varies for different electricity plans. Some are locked in for a number of years, while others are renewable every month. Long-term plans may be risky because electricity rates fluctuate every now and then. If you are unhappy with your current plan and wish to shift to another provider without completing the contract, you end up paying a cancellation fee.
Shorter plans are more flexible especially if you live in areas where electricity prices have been consistently high for a certain period of time. However, monthly plans are exposed to variable rates and may change dramatically each month.
Types of Electricity Plans
There are three main types of electricity plan:
- Fixed Rate Electricity Plan – The rate per kilowatt-hour is locked in for the length of the contract. Even if electricity rates decrease or increase, you continue to pay the same rate as stipulated in the contract. If you wish to cancel your contract, you are charged a cancellation fee.
- Variable Rate Contract – The rate per kilowatt-hour is based on electricity costs and the discretion of your electric provider. Monthly contracts fall within this type of electricity plan.
- Indexed Rate Plan – It can also be called the “time of use” plan. In other words, your electricity bill is based on your actual consumption during a designated free period. Some electricity companies offer “Free Nights” or “Free Weekend.”
As the name suggests, you pay first before consuming electricity. Electric companies would require you to pay the deposit fee. A benefit to this arrangement is that you control your power consumption as well as your budget. The downside is that if you underestimate your need, you could end up with zero credits and no electricity. Electric companies normally send emails or text alerts informing you that your credit is almost used up. This is one way for you to track your consumption.
Most electricity rates are created according to your usage. You can determine your electricity consumption by monitoring your bills. Take note of the months when you register high-energy costs so you will know how and when to save or conserve power.
When you know your actual electricity usage, you will be able to choose the best plan for your home. Review your bills carefully for any significant circumstances such as an incremental price increase on a certain amount of use of electricity.
Incentives and Green Electricity
Check for incentives and green energy percentage that is included in some electricity plans.
Energy plans with a high percentage of renewable energy are often cheaper. Some plans also offer incentives such as veterans and active military discounts, bill credits, gift cards, and charitable contribution made on your behalf. It is always beneficial to pay attention to these details.
After carefully comparing electric packages, read all the documents required. Check for fees that might be indicated during the sales pitch but are added to your monthly bill. Once you have chosen the best plan for your home, simply click a few buttons on the website of your chosen electricity provider and you are done.
Why You Need to Switch Electricity Plans
Switching electricity plans allows you to compare your current electric plan with other rates available in Houston. Switching plans will not cause you to experience power interruption. Electricity companies have a way of transitioning you over to another without you experiencing a gap in your electric usage.
Here are some reasons why you should switch electricity plans:
- You save money. A few cents saving per kilowatt-hour may not appear to be much. After a month, you will notice that you have saved enough for your next bill. After a year, you will notice that you have saved hundreds of dollars.
- Fixed Rate is set. Variable electricity rates can mean trouble for consumers, especially when price fluctuation becomes too drastic. If you receive an electric bill that is unusually high, that could be caused by variable rate pricing and your high usage. Most customers prefer to switch to lock in specific rates. This type of contract eliminates the ups and downs of electricity rates, and your electricity bill is more predictable.
- If you are a supporter of protecting the earth from carbon, you are more empowered to control over how much of your electricity is coming from cleaner resources such as the sun and wind. You can switch to electric providers that offer a higher percentage of renewable energy.
- Most electricity companies offer incentives when you switch to their electricity plans. Some have introductory rates for new customers while some offer preferred rates for veterans and active military personnel. When you sign up, with these electric providers, you may get gift cards, loyalty rewards, airline travel miles and membership into travel clubs.
- Most electricity providers have excellent customer service. If you are not satisfied with the customer service of your existing power company, you can always look for new electric companies to get a better customer service.
Shop for the Cheapest Energy Company in Houston with Electricityforme!
When it comes to finding the cheapest energy company in Houston, there is no better place than Electricityforme. We can help you make better decisions on your finances and power consumption. Call us today and get your electricity quote.
We provide a wide range of electricity rates from different energy companies and find the best plan that suits your needs. You can empower yourself with Electricityforme’s easy-to-use tools and information so that you can better manage your electricity consumption.
Electricityforme can match you with the cheapest energy company that has the best rates. We have information from different energy providers so you could have a lot of choices and a clearer understanding of what you are signing up for.
Find the cheapest energy companies in Houston with Electricityforme today!