Month to Month Electricity- Month to month electricity give a customer a lot of freedom when choosing their energy provider. Month to month rates are typically higher than a power contract. They usually increase a great amount each month. However, month to month gives leeway and helps you test out each power company and pick which one is right for you. If you don’t want to be locked in at a certain rate month to month rates changes vary to the cost of electricity when purchasing. As a result, if the price of electricity goes up or down, your bill will follow.
Benefits of Month to Month
- Being able to test out which energy provider is best for you.
- Possibility of lowering you rate.
- Having the liberty of switching out earlier than having to sign a long power contract.
Disadvantages of Month to Month
- Not having an exact amount which you’re paying each month.
- Having to constantly pick which provider you want to go with every month.
- Running the risk of your rate increasing and possibly paying more than a power contract.