Are you moving into a new home or apartment? Be sure to arrange for your utilities to be transferred over beforehand. Use this checklist below:
- Make a list of utility providers
Create a list of all utilities that are being used in your current household. Research which providers take care of all those services and have the best rates.
- Ask about utility services around new home or apartment
- Some neighborhoods and apartment communities only offer certain utility providers. Get ideas on which utility providers are in the area and which is best for you.
- Ask if there are any required or preferred providers for the community. There could possibly be discounts to residents of the apartment community.
- Reach out to your utility provider
- Call provider to transfer over services to new home or apartment.
- Depending on how far you are moving, your utility provider can stay the same or change. Let them know where you will be moving.
- Call current utility provider to transfer
Before moving call to confirm to have electricity on the first day of move in. Call to transfer to your new home or apartment.
- Get utility services ahead of time before moving in
Sure you want to create memories at your new home. It would be a horrible memory if your first night will be spent without lights.